Last night, I missed Raw but I listened to a speech(or promo) that I will never forget. Roman Reigns, WWE Superstar, conquered leukemia, well it’s in remission. I’m no medical expert but I know that’s a damn good thing. So many thoughts have been pouring through my head about why I connected so much lately with a wrestler, that I had to share this with my readers.
- The first thought is I remember falling in love with wrestling all over again because of The Shield. I’ve always loved stables/factions in wrestling because there were so many dynamic things that could be brought out of a stable. But this is the first stable that I have seen where all three become a major superstar at one point. Seth Rollins is currently booked to fight Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship at Wrestlemania. Dean Ambrose was WWE Champion and Roman Reigns is a Grand Slam Champion. But there was something about the strong, silent type.
- Roman was the strong silent type of the faction. I loved his confidence and his swagger and I knew he was going to be damn good at this. Yeah, he needed to work on his promo skills, but his matches were amazing! They told a story. Call me crazy, but the Wrestlemania 31 match between him and Brock Lesnar(which Seth Rollins won by cashing in his Money In The Bank contract) was one of the most hard-hitting incredible main events I have ever seen.
- Then, somewhere down the lines, Roman got hated on. Severely. Was there questionable booking? Maybe. Should Roman Reigns have turned heel at one point? I would have turned him after he beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 33. The F*** You Roman chants on the Raw after Wrestlemania were deafening.
- Roman then announced he had leukemia, then sympathy and outpouring of support came back for him!
- Now he’s back! Yes, it was a shoot promo, but the look on his face was so genuine. He crouched up to the plate and hit a homerun and knocked leukemia out of the ballpark.
Now here is how I would book Roman Reigns:
- We need a shocking moment at Wrestlemania to get people talking for years! Have Roman Reigns return at Wrestlemania to be in Seth Rollins’ corner. Rollins wins the match, and Roman is embracing him, then out of nowhere spears him. Biggest heel turn in history!
- The next night on Raw, Roman Reigns states that it took him announcing that he has cancer just to get a little support from the WWE Universe. Yes, he actually went through it, but state that he’s back to win titles and not be friends with anyone and that the Universe can stick it! This sets up Dean Ambrose confronting Reigns and at the next PPV, Ambrose states “this yard isn’t big enough for the both of us, if you win, I leave forever”. Title shot vs. career match at the next PPV. Dean wins in an upset against Seth. Same stipulation applies, Roman gets his revenge on Dean helps Seth win.
- Roman vs. Seth Rollins at Summerslam. Unsanctioned Match for the WWE Universal Championship
Yes, WWE do the shocking thing. Turn Roman heel at Wrestlemania. Give the fans a moment that they will remember forever.
Roman Reigns, remember this is how the WWE Universe treated you after you beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 33.