Contributor’s Note: Country music supergroup Nashvillains joined The Don’s Hit List with The Don & The Grizz for the 279th episode via FAB Radio International. Nashvillains are composed of A.J. Jansen, Brett Boyett, Troy Johnson and Scott Lindsey. They have recently released their music video for “Who Don’t”, which has amassed over 100,000 hits on YouTube. Here is what they discussed on The Don’s Hit List with The Don & The Grizz:
We start the show with a medley of songs:
- Brett Boyett – “Solid Ground” from “Forever My Girl” 2018 movie After being gone for a decade a country star returns home to the love he left behind.
- Troy Johnson from the Album “12” and the song “Call Me”
“Never Been To Spain” by Three Dog Night
- Scott Lindsey-You Only Call Me (When You’re Drunk)
We talk about how the guys got together to form the Nashvillians
12:54 – AJ asks the question, “What has each of you brought to the table to make it work?” The guys answer the question.
15:34 – We talk about “Baby Go Boom” and we go to 1:37 of the track for the goosebump moment.
18:21 – We talk about the track “Tumblin’ Down” and we go to 2:11 of the track to focus on the harmonies. We talk about Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits and the influence on this song. We play a clip from Dire Straits “Brothers In Arms” , the title track. We also talk about “Money For Nothing”.
23:55 – “Who Don’t,” which is written by the late Andrew Dorff, Old Dominion’s Brad Tursi, and Corey Crowder, and is produced by Andrew’s father, Steve Dorff. The Nashvillians talk about the honor of doing this song.
31:33 – We get into songs that have impacted each member of the band that gave them goosebumps. Here are songs we talked about:
- “When My Guitar Gently Weeps” – The Prince performance at the Hall of Fame ceremony.
- “I Can’t Make You Love Me” written by Mike Reed and performed by Bonnie Raitt
- “I Drive Your Truck” by Written by Jessi Leigh / Yeary James Earl / Harrington Connie Rae performed by Lee Brice
- “That’s My Job” written by Gary Burr and performed by Conway Twitty
- “Who Did They Think He Was” – written by Leigh Richard C / Mc Manus Patrick J and performed by Conway Twitty
- “One Night With You” – Written by Pearl King / Dave Bartholomew and performed by Elvis Presley
- “Love Me” written by Jerry Leiber / Mike Stoller and performed by Elvis Presley
- “Polk Salad Annie” written by Tony White / Tony Joe White and performed by Elvis Presley
Fans can check out this episode featuring Nashvillains via SoundCloud below: